There is a delay receiving flu vaccines at the practice due to transport issues. Please do not contact the surgery as we will contact you when we are able to plan our flu clinics.
GP DATA FOR PLANNING AND RESEARCH (GPDPR) - June 2021
Data Opt Out Information
You may be aware of a new NHS Digital initiative https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/data-collections-and-data-sets/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research to extract information from GP records for research and other purposes. Patients might want to opt out of this data collection and there are 2 different requirements to opt out:
- Type 1 data opt out - Urgent action required as the opt out window closes on 23 June 2021
- This is to protect GP data held on your system. Patients need to complete a form and leave it at reception. https://nhs-prod.global.ssl.fastly.net/binaries/content/assets/website-assets/data-and-information/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research/type-1-opt-out-form.docx
- Type 2 data opt out - No time limit
This is to protect non-GP data held on your system, e.g. hospital or clinic treatment.
- Patients can do this for themselves by visiting the Make your choice webpage. https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/
- For children under 13 the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-ms/documents/Make_and_manage_your_choice_or_your_childs_choice_PDF_224kb.pdf
- For dependant adults the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-cms/documents/Make_and_manage_a_choice_for_someone_else_PDF_154kb.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your practice, but rather a local vaccination service (led by GPs, practices nurses and community pharmacists) who are responsible for delivering the vaccine to people in your community.
When it is the right time for you to receive your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be via the phone, or through a letter either from your GP or the National Booking System.
We know lots of people will be eager to get protected but we are asking people not to contact the practice to get an appointment as you will not be able to get one until you are contacted.
Information for patients who are requested to attend the surgery for an appointment
Where you are requested to attend the surgery for future appointments we kindly request that patients attend their appointments alone wherever possible, and that you wear a face covering (mask, or scarf for example) at all times. This is for the protection of both staff and patients. If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus you must NOT attend your appointment.
Important Notice to patients regarding appointments
From 1st April 2020
More late appointments will be available with full surgery access on Wednesday evenings.
Alternate Saturday pre-booked appointments will also be available.