IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL PATIENTS REGISTERED AT ECCLESFIELD GROUP PRACTICE
Flu Vaccines / Covid Boosters Update
We have this week been given guidance from the government that we will be giving this years flu vaccines simultaneously with the covid booster and therefore will be working our way through cohorts 1-9 and you will be contacted to book an appointment in due course.
Please note you must have had our 2nd covid vaccine 180 days before you receive your booster, therefore you will only be booked in once you reach 180 days or over.
This approach is strictly stipulated by the government and is not decided at practice level.
GP DATA FOR PLANNING AND RESEARCH (GPDPR) - June 2021
Data Opt Out Information
You may be aware of a new NHS Digital initiative https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/data-collections-and-data-sets/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research to extract information from GP records for research and other purposes. Patients might want to opt out of this data collection and there are 2 different requirements to opt out:
- Type 1 data opt out - Urgent action required as the opt out window closes on 23 June 2021
- This is to protect GP data held on your system. Patients need to complete a form and leave it at reception. https://nhs-prod.global.ssl.fastly.net/binaries/content/assets/website-assets/data-and-information/data-collections/general-practice-data-for-planning-and-research/type-1-opt-out-form.docx
- Type 2 data opt out - No time limit
This is to protect non-GP data held on your system, e.g. hospital or clinic treatment.
- Patients can do this for themselves by visiting the Make your choice webpage. https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/
- For children under 13 the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-ms/documents/Make_and_manage_your_choice_or_your_childs_choice_PDF_224kb.pdf
- For dependant adults the form available here should be used. https://assets.nhs.uk/nhsuk-cms/documents/Make_and_manage_a_choice_for_someone_else_PDF_154kb.pdf
Information for patients who are requested to attend the surgery for an appointment
Where you are requested to attend the surgery for future appointments we kindly request that patients attend their appointments alone wherever possible, and that you wear a face covering (mask, or scarf for example) at all times. This is for the protection of both staff and patients. If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus you must NOT attend your appointment.
Important Notice to patients regarding appointments
From 1st April 2020
More late appointments will be available with full surgery access on Wednesday evenings.
Alternate Saturday pre-booked appointments will also be available.